Facts about Peaches:
- She would excel as a tetherball player.
- Her favorite place to sleep at night is at top of me. If I'm on my stomach, this means nose to nose with me lying on my chest. If I'm on my back, right between my shoulder blades.
- When I go running in the morning she proceeds to meow angrily at Brandon, not understanding why she had an awake companion for a few minutes (who then left), but is now once again alone with a lump in the bed.
- She loves to chew on the Bamboo Palm that we've added to our plant family. As soon as I set it down next to the couch chair, she immediately started chewing on it. There's really nothing to be done about this, so it will simply be cropped more closely on the lower half and the branches that are near the arm of the chair. Fortunately, I did a fair amount of research on the plant before I got it and I know that it is pet-safe and will not be toxic to her.
- She meows excitedly at whoever gets home first after a long day alone and proceeds to often plop down in our laps for a little TLC.
- She is a very good litter box user. We have had no accidents at all elsewhere in the house. I was a little concerned about having a litter box in our small living space, but I scoop through it once or twice a day and deposit the droppings into a tuppaware (lined with a bag) that sits beside the litter box. This method of cleaning the litter box is SO fantastic. It is incredibly easy and remarkably clean, and ultimately means no litter box scent at all!
- We had our first puke incident yesterday. I don't know if it is from her chewing on the Bamboo Palm or if she ate something yucky while investigating the garage, but it was a quick and easy cleanup and she seemed fine afterward. Hopefully those incidents will be very few and far between.
- I took her to get her shots two weeks ago. It was a bit of a drive before we were home again, but she seemed fine for the first few hours. Later, however, she started hiding (which is uncharacteristic of her) and even hissed randomly at Brandon in the evening (also highly uncharacteristic). She probably wasn't feeling well. Twenty four hours later though, and she was back to normal. We have to go in for a booster shot in a week and I'm not overly excited. :/
- She loves to play with the cat fishing pole we bought her. For the first few days we kept the little toy lures on the end of the line, switching things up to keep them interesting, but when one accidentally broke off, we realized that the string itself was even more entertaining to her. We try and play with her as often as possible so she gets some exercise.
- We have a leash and harness coming in the mail (probably today!). It will be interesting to see how that plays out. We'll try and ease it onto her so she doesn't immediately hate it.
- She is generally an earlier riser than we are, though that has mellowed a little. Those first few mornings she started meowing around 5:00 AM and we were not excited by it. That seems to mostly have gone away.
- She does great with company. We had nine adults and two small children here for a little Batesville reunion yesterday and she was totally chill and social. This is not surprising, as she is generally a very laid back cat, but we were pleased that she didn't find it intimidating to have so many people in our home.
- She is amazingly fluffy and soft and excellent at removing any annoyances we might have with by just being so dang cute! We are very lucky in our choice of cat.
"I'm naked in the game." [Brandon shows character wearing a loincloth while mixing a potion.]
"Why are you naked in the game?" [This is not a common occurrence.]
"Because I accidentally sold my clothes." [Geneva dissolves in laughter.]
"Judging by your diminished physique and large forehead, you must be a scholar." [Atlantis]