Tuesday, February 2, 2016

World War Z

Originally bumped to the top of my reading list because I thought it would be a good book to listen to on our road trip down to St. George (we listened to The House of the Scorpion instead), I started listening to World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War yesterday.

I was first exposed to this story when the film adaptation came out in June 2013. Generally, I don't handle zombie movies/tv shows very well. Not my thing. This, however, I loved.

With the debut of the film there was a lot of complaining and push back (as there often is with film adaptations) concerning how much they'd changed the story. While I'm only a third of the way into the book, those complaints already seem absurd to me, simply because the book is essentially a collection of individual interviews that are sequential in their dealings with the zombie epidemic. While I supposed they could have made it a documentary like feel (no action, just description), it makes logical sense to me that they instead had one person leading you through the action contained in the description from the interviews in the book. One person to follow through the entire course of the story, and a much more interesting visual.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the audio book.

And it makes me want to listen to this song from the movie over and over again.




(World War Z Theme Song)

(I've belatedly become a huge fan of Marco Beltrami.)

And in other news, I hear they're planning on a sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment