Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Resolutions!

Happy New Year! 2016!

Quick recap of the 2015 resolutions:

1.) We got married! Definitely the biggest and best thing that we have to celebrate from the year. :)
2.) Daily exercise - meh - this didn't really happen. But it started off well and I've generally been active through the year.
3.) No tootsie rolls or licorice were purchased expressly for my consumption! Done and done. I did consume both of these items, but never at my own expense, and thus much much less. I made up for it with Dove chocolate. ;)
4.) We hiked more than one new mountain during 2015, but the one that is most coming to mind is Mount Olympus.
5.) I got a new job!
6.) Now, while I'm sure that I did read at least 25 books during 2015 (not a particularly lofty goal), I'm not sure I read 25 new books. It is so easy for me to want to go back and re-read books I love. 
7.) 5+ sewing projects. This was my most over-the-top-completed goal of 2015. I not only made three unique new dresses, but also made a ton of corn bags as Christmas gifts.
8.) We did the Spartan and I ran the Snow Canyon Half in November. I trained more than I ever have for a half as well, so that's good. 
9.) And I did work on my Portuguese! I did it every day for at least half the year, but things dwindled in the second half. :/

For this year - 2016:

1.) Go to the gym a minimum of two times per week (this should not be hard).
2.) Cook at home at least one time per week (to the extent that there are leftovers). This probably sounds odd, but it is difficult to get home between 5:30 PM and 6:30 PM and want to make anything big after being gone all day long. It's much easier to default to single servings meals, but we need leftovers in order to contribute to the next goal. I'd like to be more savvy about food buying as well. 
3.) Try to eat out (for lunch) no more than once a week. I think 2016 will be the year of salads for me. I feel like I've discovered how amazing they are this year, and I want to be better at creating them on my own. 
4.) Do yoga as many times a week as we can manage. We need to work on our flexibility. We're not getting any younger! 
5.) 30 push ups. Every day. 
6.) Write more in my journal. Doesn't have to be daily, but it should happen.
7.) Go dancing at least once a month. We've missed dancing and need a little motivation to get out and go!
8.) Maybe two half marathons this year? Or at least two 13.1 mile runs. 
9.) A new mountain. :) 
10.) Visit a slot canyon. We're thinking Orderville Gulch. 
11.) 20 new books read. I keep reducing this number, but as long as I still have it as a goal, I think it will help to motivate me. There are at least two new books for Brandon Sanderson coming out this year! (Three actually, though I'm less interested in the Alcatraz books.)
12.) Perhaps a garden in the spring/summer/fall. We have the space to put it in, we'll just have to find the drive.

We also have some other goals for the two of us, but those hit most of the big ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment