Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Week Ago

A week ago I'd reached a consistent streak of 120 of practicing Portuguese every single day. I'd kept up with MyFitnessPal for more than a month every day. Groceries got put away.

And then I started my new job.

And suddenly my 120 streak with Duolingo is ended! I missed two non-consecutive days this week. Somewhere in the week I missed getting on MyFitnessPal to make updates. There have been (and still are) groceries on the table for at least a week...and I don't think I've cooked a meal once. Smoothies every day, but no dinners. Kind of sad.

But on the other hand, not all things have been thrown into chaos with the onset of my new job. Tomorrow ends the sixth week of Half-Marathon training for the upcoming Snow Canyon Half, and as of today I have not missed a single training run. And that's something. I dragged myself out of bed on this Saturday morning to go running at 6:10. I really didn't want to go, but I knew I needed to! And at about 7:40 when I arrived back at the house and watered the plants, Brandon came down to meet me with a cold water bottle. It was very sweet. :)

In other news:
-The rolls we bought from Costco on Monday or Tuesday are ALREADY moldy. Thus, the new method will be to immediately put them in the freezer upon arriving at home from the store.
-We're planning on going to the Renaissance Festival today.
-Maybe climbing as well (perhaps the Lehi bouldering gym?).
-Our longer (about ten minute) wedding video is very close to being done. We've seen the almost-finished version already. It does a quick summary of the whole day, shows the clips from the teaser, and then spends more time with the vows and other pieces of the reception. At some point after it is finished, Seth will send the videos plus most of the general footage and we'll get to watch whatever we want! I admit to being especially excited for this because, as beautiful as the footage is, I love seeing entire segments not strung together in snippets. Such as our first dance which, for me, was one of the most memorable moments of the day.
-Costco again today! Chia seed, rolls, and a box of vanilla almond milk.
-I have plans to dry apples and freeze grapes, as well as clean out the fridge. This will ALL happen today, tomorrow, or on Monday. I'm determined.

A there you have it. A snap shot of some of the things we're up to. :) Life is great. We're often tired, but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment