Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Memorial Day 2015

(This is a much belated post - I've been holding out for the Alabama wedding photos - and ironically, I think they'll likely be finished in the next week or so. However, I've got some other photos I want to share, so I'm not going to worry about the order any more as much as the content. Point is, this post might read a little funny as it was written months ago.)

And like that - it was over!

Monday morning bright and early we packed all our things up (again - very careful packing - too much stuff!) and headed over to the house for one last gathering of friends and family. We had a lovely breakfast, chatted and said our goodbyes, and repacked our belongings again (more stuff to add!), and headed back to the airport to catch our flights home.


Our tiny little car for the weekend.

The level of exhaustion I felt on Monday morning was very interesting to me. I'd felt tired almost every day for the last month, but with everything finished, it was like fluffy energy I'd maintained on top of the tired to finish all the details was gone, and the full exhaustion had finally settled in.

Our flights home to Salt Lake went great, Clay picked us up, and we drove home from Brandon's old house - making just one stop - again at In-N-Out - to sooth our hungry stomachs.


-


And it has only been a few days since then! It's hard to believe that all of that was just last weekend! It seems so much longer ago. We've made a little progress on moving in, but still have lots yet to do. We've got two weeks to establish some kind of order (we're planning on having a house warming/open house on June 13th), and I'm confident we'll be able to do that.

And I'm happy to say I have no plans this weekend. :)

(Edit: We never did have that house warming - by the time we made it to that weekend we were still far too drained to even want to deal with the weight of planning a party.)

No comments:

Post a Comment