Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Copper Onion

This morning I went rock climbing for the first time in just over a week. I know that sounds like a short time, but in the sport of rock climbing, even a few days seems to remove a lot of the muscle and callous build up. It was a harder rock climbing hour than usual, but also wonderful to be back at it.

I find that the more regularly I exercise, the more balance the rest of my life seems to be. Not a first time realization, but something that I need to constantly remind myself of.

In other news, last night Brandon and I finally made it to The Copper Onion downtown. It's the kind of place where you need to make a reservation at before you go - not the kind of thing that works well with Brandon and I being fairly spontaneous in our current eating habits. The Copper Onion has American cuisine, and does it well. We shared Sauteed Mushrooms (delicious, though more for the garnish of potato sticks and fried eggs than the mushrooms), The Ballard Farm Griddled Pork Chop (also delicious - particularly the polenta), and a Brownie Sundae (delicious, but so rich!). Everything was very good, and the portions were reasonable (not huge). Our only complaint, or rather - observation, was that it was so full of tables and people that it felt like a big city restaurant - packed and loud. I know that vibe appeals to some people, but it's not our favorite. We like being able to have a conversation without leaning over the table or having to yell. Still, I'm glad we made it down!

I'm looking forward to the end of this week. Things are crazy busy at work at the moment, but I have all of next week off! Exciting! I have a few projects I'd like to catch up on and just taking a solid break will be good. I can't believe how quickly time passes!

No comments:

Post a Comment