Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Excuses, excuses...

Hello from Tuesday evening! It's been awhile, but I have lots of good excuses. ;) Well, at least two...

1.) A juicy cold that I probably took home from Thanksgiving. It was pretty mild last week, present, but not overpowering, but when my stress level shot up and stayed up last week, it probably dropped my immune system a few notches and when I finally made it to this past week, the cold came on full force. So, as you might imagine, this past weekend and this week and been full of hot tea, orange juice, sooooo much water (and thus, frequent trips to the bathroom), tissues, and cough suppressants. And compromised sleep, since drinking four cups of water before you go to bed requires midnight bathroom visits. Perhaps too much information, but there you have it.

2.) Work has been CRAZY busy. We have a ton of groups who go on trips in January, which means I have to get any leaving in the first half of January out in December. We also have Christmas events coming. All good things, but each and every group and event has at least a dozen moving parts. It's like we went from a calm faucet drip to a roaring fire hose. Or at least that's what it feels like. Between that and other projects I have outside of work, the whole sum has has also contributed to stressful thoughts in the middle of the night.

So, maybe that's it, but that's enough. I head to Alabama/Georgia to spend a little quality time with my family this weekend, and then I have the week of Christmas off. And I couldn't be looking forward to that more than I am. We're not doing anything super exciting for Christmas, but I desperately just need some time off.

I still need to post a few of the pictures from Thanksgiving here (they've been on facebook for awhile, but I just haven't gotten around to posting them here). We've had some other good things going on, but not much to tell. Birthday dinner and party for Seth Penrose (woo!), Festival of Trees, a little rock climbing (when I feel well enough to go...I so badly want to go every morning, but I need a little more sleep right now than usual since it's so interrupted), and more of the normal stuff.


Update: Oh, and, for the record, all I want right now is sugary goodness, which is, of course, one of the worst things I can consume with a cold....

No comments:

Post a Comment