Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 Resolutions (and 2014 review)

Here were my 2014 Resolutions:

1.) Run a Spartan Race (signed up with Brandon!): Done and done!
2.) Run at least one Half-Marathon (I'm thinking the SLC Half...): SLC Half, Nebo Half, Moab Half...
3.) Try to do 100 push-ups near to consecutively...(I started working on this one but fizzled with the holidays) Still doable!
4.) Learn to swim properly (so I can maybe do a triathlon some day...) I pretty much gave this up at the beginning of the year when I got my rock climbing membership. I didn't want to pay for two gym memberships, so I dropped the one with the pool and kept the one with the climbing walls!
5.) Hike a new mountain: King's Peak!
6.) Grow some herbs or vegetables (I have a yard! I should take advantage of it if I stay in one place long enough to do that!): Mint (x4 species), Parsley, Rosemary, Basil (x2 species), and cherry tomatoes! I tried for some other things, but they didn't make it...
7.) Read 50 books. Reading dwindled for me with college and though I did better in the past year, I'd really like to improve. Some progress, but not a whole lot here. I too easily get distracted wanting to reread books I've read already, and those don't really count. 
8.) Figure the whole knitting thing out properly. I've knitted scarves since I was a freshman in college, but I'd really like to learn the fundamentals so I can expand what I'm able to do in that department. Yeah...this didn't happen, though I did a fair amount of sewing instead!
9.) Join a rock climbing gym and learn to boulder. Gear acquired, let's do it!: Done and done!

Five out of nine! That's not too bad!

Resolutions for 2015:

1.) Get Married! (May 2015, here we come! Lots to do between now and then. I know it's a silly resolution, as it is more of an event, but I'm putting it on here anyway.)
2.) Except on days that I am physically unable, try to exercise at least a little every day. That can a 50 minutes climbing, 30 minute walk, 20 minute jog, or 10 burpees - whatever, as long as I do something every day that I'm not physically unable.
3.) Do not purchase any tootsie rolls or licorice for myself. It's ok for me to eat them, and even buy them as long as I'm not the intended target, but no buying them for myself. I might try to extend this to all candy, but that's tentative at best.
4.) Hike another new mountain!
5.) Get a new job! The one have now is really good for so many reasons, but it's time to step up my game.
6.) Read at least 25 new books. Its a pretty big cutback from last years goal, but I think it will be easier for me to focus on - approximately two a month - Firefight in January, Shadows of Self in late 2015 (exciting!).
7.) Complete at least five sewing projects. (I've got three sitting in my lap right now, so I just need to more in the space of a year.)
8.) Run at least one half marathon - maybe the Spartan again.

9.) (Late add) I'd really like to work on my Portuguese.

No comments:

Post a Comment