Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Terms of Referral: The Bad and Ok.

None-offensive words that I do not like being referred to by anyone other than my significant other (and sparingly there):

-Sweetie
-Sweetheart
-Honey
-Hun
-Dear
-Darling
-Girl
-Chick
-Love
-Bud
-Buddy

(Other exceptions: familiar terms that my family uses, when any of them are used very clearly ironically.)

Words I don't mind:

-Lady ("Hey, lady! How's it going?")
-Woman ("This woman I work with loves to read") (Not, "Hey, woman!")
-Friend ("Hey friend, how's it going?")
-Person ("This person I work with loves to read.")

I know they aren't as "cool" sounding, but they're a lot more respectful sounding, even when I know you're not trying to be disrespectful.

When in doubt, just call me by my name. :) That always works.

No comments:

Post a Comment