Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Resolutions?

I don't really enjoy making resolutions because they rarely are accomplished, but I'll make a few for this year all the same.

Last year's resolutions were the following:

-Complete last four pre-reqs (already signed up for three of them).
-Apply to grad schools starting this summer.
-I'd still like to run a marathon, so on top of running more, I'd like to make that a priority. I don't even know that I'll be doing a half this year, now that we don't live close to the Indy Mini, so I'll really have to focus on that on my own.

I did complete several pre-reqs but I have two particular ones that I'd like to get done. I never got around to applying to grad schools, but I'm still not certain what I want to do in that department. And hey, I ran a marathon, so that one was completely knocked out. ;)

Here's my list this year:

1.) Run a Spartan Race (signed up with Brandon!)
2.) Run at least one Half-Marathon (I'm thinking the SLC Half...)
3.) Try to do 100 push-ups near to consecutively...(I started working on this one but fizzled with the holidays)
4.) Learn to swim properly (so I can maybe do a triathlon some day...)
5.) Hike a new mountain
6.) Grow some herbs or vegetables (I have a yard! I should take advantage of it if I stay in one place long enough to do that!)
7.) Read 50 books. Reading dwindled for me with college and though I did better in the past year, I'd really like to improve.
8.) Figure the whole knitting thing out properly. I've knitted scarves since I was a freshman in college, but I'd really like to learn the fundamentals so I can expand what I'm able to do in that department.
9.) Join a rock climbing gym and learn to boulder. Gear acquired, let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment