Thursday, December 5, 2013

Little Tidbits of Updates

Little update for today.

Tuesday we had our first legit snow storm. Driving on Tuesday? Miserable. It was like everyone had forgotten how to drive in the snow. Unexplained road congestion abounded. Brandon and I went to the gym after work. I was pretty ticked with traffic by the time I got there and on top of that, the instructor for kick boxing never showed (I can't blame her as traffic was terrible). I decided to relax in the hot tub and sauna instead and that was probably just as well as the heat helped to (ironically) cool my frustration. Fitting for the day, we then headed to a Tuesday night special at the theater and saw Frozen. Loved it! Both beautiful and highly amusing. I definitely recommend it.

I've come to the conclusion that unless I'm absurdly busy (which I rarely am at work), 3:00 is my low point of most days. As in, as the clock nears 3:00, I most want to take a nap or relax for awhile. It wasn't until the last few weeks that I became fully aware of this, as up until recently I was taking my lunch as late as 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon, right on top of my most tired hour. Only recently when I've been attempting to take lunch no later than 1:30 has the 3:00 hour become increasingly noticeable.  Humph. I'll have to see what I can do about that.

This upcoming weekend looks to be pretty unencumbered with activities. And I don't mind that at all. It's nice to have time to relax and pursue minor interests - but I have to plan ahead a little to make sure that I actually do something rather than nothing. It's far too easy to do nothing, and I almost always regret it afterward. Any project, however successful, is better than wasting the time away.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment