Friday, November 22, 2013

The Mundane Details

It's been more than a week since I last posted. And I, sadly, have no good excuses. Except that there's not much to report. A little bit of Christmas shopping here and there, trying to build my own Christmas list (one of my least favorite things to do). We did go to a late showing of Catching Fire last night (got home around 2:00 - yikes!). :) I am happy to report that I thought it was much better than The Hunger Games.

We've had a strong wind advisory for the last 24 hours or so (set to continue for about another 24 hours). I didn't notice it until I was driving home from the gym last night and it was pushing my little car around on the road. 40-50 mph winds were the average speeds, but with gusts of up to 80 mph. It's supposed to be a little calmer today, but there was a lot of debris all over last night. I cleaned up an entire bucket of fallen apples from the tree this morning (the good thing about this is that there are almost no apples left to fall) and that was just the ones in the driveway. I'll get the rest this evening or tomorrow morning. 

Best news in a few weeks is that we're headed to Tennessee/Alabama tomorrow evening! Finally a break from work, a chance to head home (in almost a year), and a chance to see my family. :) I'm quite excited. And there will finally be some more pictures to post, guaranteed. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment