Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Happy Veteran's Day!

And hey, maybe it's my birthday too. ;)

We just got home from a delicious three hour meal at the Melting Pot with eight or nine of our friends. Brandon and I "split" a four course meal (one of their options where you get a cheese fondue, salad, main entree fondue (with meats and vegetables), and a chocolate fondue). Delicious. And (at least for me) super filling. Too filling.

I'm normally the kind of person that inhales my food, eating all the time but in little bits. Even though our meal was spread out over a much longer time and we never ate a great deal at any one time, I felt much fuller after our meal than I usually like to feel. That aside, though it is nice to do other things with my time, there is something refreshing about having a long meal where the empty space has to be filled with conversation.

I didn't take a single picture during the evening, but I enjoyed it immensely. :) A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment