Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Gunpowder Plot Punch

This is a recipe which I'm not really sure where to put where I can make sure to keep track of it, so I'm putting it here. I'm hosting a little Guy Fawkes Day party in November and I've been scanning the web a little today looking for interesting things to make for it. This one sounded a lot like wassail (sp?) but with some minor differences, so I'm saying it's a go.

Gunpowder Plot Punch 
A warming drink perfect for a bonfire party when you are out in the cold. 
Ingredients: 
1.5 litres/2½ pints ginger ale/ginger beer
750ml/1¼ pints orange juice
1 large lemon, juice and zest
2 oranges, juice and zest
4 cinnamon sticks
¼ tsp grated nutmeg
12 cloves
5 star anise
2.5cm/1in fresh ginger, grated  
Preparation: 
In a large pan gently heat the ginger ale and orange juice. Add all the other ingredients. Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and leave for a few minutes to allow the flavors to infuse. Serve.

Should be delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment