Friday, August 23, 2013

Much Ado About Joss Wheden

Guess what Brandon and I did last night? We totally went and saw Joss Wheden's new Much Ado About Nothing. And it was quite amusing.




I definitely still prefer the Emma Thompson/Kenneth Branagh version, but I liked that this version was raw feeling. They shot it in black and white, with low budget cameras and set, with a modern twist but almost all the accurate text from Shakespeare. I really think that combining the play, which I love, with the handful of actors that I'm familiar with from other things Joss Wheden has done, just made it for me, even where there were still some quirks. I'm glad I got to go see it.

We also made it over to Harmons downtown, finally! We just went for the salad bar (and a tasty sample of challah bread. Delicious. The store itself though - I wish I could shop there exclusively. There are a lot of options and everything is well displayed. I'll definitely be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment