Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Little Update On the Past Few Days

Oh hey! It's been several days and I don't really feel like I have much new to report...

Last Friday we got out early from work (two hours in and we still hadn't received a single call). Feeling like I wanted to do something with my day I headed up to the top of Salt Lake and climbed Ensign Peak. It was a nice little climb with a beautiful view.

Monument at the top of Ensign Peak.

View of the city. 
Saturday was fairly uneventful. We'd made plans to make dinner and go to West Coast, but Brandon's new roommate was in the process of unpacking all his kitchen stuff so we headed over to Olive Garden for some delicious gnocchi, salad, and breadsticks. It was just the right amount of food. Since we'd factored in time for cooking we had extra time and headed back to the house. However, once we'd settled there for about an hour and were entertaining ourselves with games and Doctor Who, I didn't really want to go dancing anymore so we stayed in and relaxed instead. We did pick up the ingredients for the dinner we'd planned and that ended up being pushed to yesterday (Tuesday).

Along with making dinner last night we headed up with a bunch of people from church to make a bonfire in Millcreek Canyon. It's been too long since we've had a proper bonfire and the smells and atmosphere were lovely.

As opposed to last week's running, which was terribly pretty much the entire week (missed my run on Wednesday and Thursday and then Saturday's run ended up being much shorter due to one of my friends not feeling well about three miles in - I didn't really mind that it was shorter), so far this week has gone rather well. I've been using a new app (Endomondo) to track my runs and it records split/mile times which is kind of cool. Monday's run was very fast for me and today's was a little more average, but I'm happy to have them consistently happening. Half-Marathon in just over a week!

Also, in other news, I received the most beautiful sewing shears in the mail the other day. Antique shears that belonged to my grandmother and another pair. They're incredibly sharp. And I love them. :) I can hardly wait to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment