Friday, May 24, 2013

Fabric Friday

I've started working on one of the two dresses I bought from DI last week! I bought a dark green one and a goldish one and I'm currently working on the goldish one. Both of them have beautiful fabric but were pretty frumpy when I started. I wish I'd taken pictures of the gold one before I started on it...I'll try to remember to do that with the green one.



Anyway, I detached the skirt from the bodice and fitted the bodice to my dress form (after taking off the sleeves). I tried to do the math this morning to figure out if I had enough fabric for a full circle skirt and it was a touch puzzle. I don't think I have enough, but I'll do what I can with what I have. It will be fun to see how it turns out!

And even though I've seen all of the new Doctor Who episodes on Netflix, I went ahead and started them again from the beginning to play in the background while I work. I love that show...

I also detached several purple skirts from rather terrible bodices of old prom dresses of mine and Carina's. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them....but they're much nicer without the bodices. I also still have a few other old prom/brides maid dresses that I haven't determined what to do with...

No comments:

Post a Comment