Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sweet 16!

My baby sister turns 16 today! Woohoo!

For those of you who know her, you'll know that she doesn't look her age. Someone mistook her as being 21 or something like that a few months ago at a party. She doesn't look old. ;) She just looks like she could easily be a college student. The plague of Wagner girls, I suppose. I'm not certain whether my older sister dealt with this, but I certainly did. Pretty much from about the age of 13 on till 19 or 20, people always assumed I was older than I was (initially much to the displeasure of Kyle when I was asked for ID at the airport and he wasn't - the playing field has evened here as people can't place who is older between us). And some still assumed me to be easily five to eight years older than that even up till now. However, in an odd reversal, most people now assume that I'm younger than I am. I take classes with traditional college age students and I'm fairly certain that I fit in as well now as I did when I was 17...let's just hope I continue to look younger than I am. I can live with that.

Anyway! Back to Morgan, but sweet little sister who is turning 16! Wildly confident and outgoing Morgan easily surpasses my own level of confidence at her age. Comfortable with herself and comfortable putting herself out there, she's taken on her first real move and new high school in a easy sweep. And now driving! Crazy! And, form the sound of it, something resembling a date! So much, so fast!

One things for certain though, whatever Morgan chooses to do, she'll be able to do. I can hardly wait to see what direction she heads in.

And in the meantime, she can keep an eye on Thor and he keeps her company. :)

Happy Birthday, Morgan! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment