Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Family - Where it's at.

I'm feeling very amorous in the direction of my family tonight. I was flipping through some of our family photos and, not for the first time, it struck me that I have a pretty extraordinary and fantastic family. Awesome parents, awesome siblings, awesome extended family. I really love them all. My love and affection for them is consistent, but my focus in thought on them comes and goes with the waves of other things that distract me in my life. The moments when I focus and can't help but smile at how brilliant they are and some of the experiences that we've had together - those are the best moments - I've really been very very lucky. And it is good for me to recognize that and be thankful for them.

Mom, Dad, I love you both so much! Thank you for being such inspirations of kindness, adventure, and intelligence. Carina! Best older sister ever! You teach me so much in the way you live your life! Michael! Exposed me to some of the most fantastic fantasy and science fiction games out there! Kyle! The closest person to a partner in crime that I ever had in many of our adventures growing up. And Morgan! Coolest little sister, ever! Seriously. Hands down. So confident. So pretty. So unique. Goodness, I have an awesome family! And I didn't even start to describe my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins!

:)

1 comment: