Thursday, February 28, 2013

Car Adventures in the Snow

Oh hey! Guess what? I forgot to mention, but I got in my first little accident, of sorts, just a few weeks ago. On a snowy evening as I was just about to turn on to Brandon't street, my car slipped on the freshly forming ice and I slid down the small decline straight into his street sign post and stop sign...you know, I've told this story already on facebook...let me go grab that summary.

For all those in the Salt Lake Valley where everything is lovely and snowy, take warning as the roads are quite bad. How do I know this? A lovely date I just had with a street sign up on the mountainside. Street sign: 0. Geneva 1. (Depending on how you look at it - yes my car is injured, but the street sign is dead.)

After phoning Brandon and requesting the assistance of a Mr. Dallin Regehr and Mr. Grant Gordon, with the additional assistance of a friendly neighbor with a truck and cables, we were able to move my little red car off of the sign (which it was high centered on). Right around then we discovered that when Grant had gone to close my windows he had accidentally also locked my running car, leaving us on the outside. But wait! He'd also accidentally left a small crack in my passenger side window! First a metal coat hanger, then a plastic coat hanger, finally success was found in the form a Mr. Regehr's machete.

All is well (minus the slightly injured car)! Epic save from the residents of King Street.

After phoning Brandon and requesting the assistance of a Mr. Dallin Regehr and Mr. Grant Gordon, with the additional assistance of a friendly neighbor with a truck and cables, we were able to move my little red car off of the sign (which it was high centered on). Right around then we discovered that when Grant had gone to close my windows he had accidentally also locked my running car, leaving us on the outside. But wait! He'd also accidentally left a small crack in my passenger side window! First a metal coat hanger, then a plastic coat hanger, finally success was found in the form a Mr. Regehr's machete.
All is well (minus the slightly injured car)! Epic save from the residents of King Street.


My little car has been driving (mostly) just fine since then. It still needs a little body work, but there doesn't appear to be a rush. The sign has been replaced and those searching for King Street should now be able to find it. 

Also, I've been thinking about making my blog private. I feel like my ideas and thoughts are already strewn rather haphazardly across the internet, and perhaps it might be nice to make this a little more private. I'll, of course, extend an invitation to all of you who already read this and any one else who might be interested. Any objections?

And last, but not least, happy birthday to my little niece Sylvia!

No comments:

Post a Comment