Friday, February 1, 2013

A Certain Person's Birthday

In an attempt to keep a budget on my gift giving to Brandon, I regulated most of my gifts to the food category. This was a somewhat foolish attempt, as the food category is wide and varied. And, since my food giving abilities had to be slightly extended in order for me to have the appropriate equipment to build a cake. In other words, it was an excuse for me to purchase some much needed kitchen supplies. So much for the budget. Done and done.

However, though I will be building a cake on...Saturday, most likely, one of Brandon's favorite cake types of all time is the ice cream cake. An excellent choice. In an attempt to be ahead of the ball, I drove to Dairy Queen yesterday during my lunch break and purchased a cake. I then proceeded to leave the cake in the trunk of my car (there's snow outside, it must be cold enough, right?). Today, as I rushed off  for a birthday luncheon, I checked on the cake and noticed that it had widened and flattened to the shape of the cake cover. No mess. No leakage. Just a flatter cake. Re-frozen and delivered, it remains to be seen as to whether the quality of taste has altered in any significant way. I feel confident that Brandon will be a fair judge of this.

And in an ironic twist, I was also given a gift today. Birthdays aren't supposed to be gift exchanges, but today turned in to a very small gift exchange as I pushed my edible delicacies at Brandon and he bestowed upon me a pretty little camelback for my water consuming enjoyment. I can now proudly advertise for his employment as the logo happily graces the back of the pack. I'm quite excited.

It has been a very good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment