Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dark Chocolate Blueberry Clusters

Ah! I haven't been in the mood to blog recently and I don't even really feel like posting now, but here I am! I'm not sure why I've not been in the mood, as I have had some time, but there you have it. No excuses.

This evening I've spent some time finally making something in my new tiny kitchen. What? Some gluten-free treats for a dinner tomorrow. Gluten-free is an advantage, but these little treats seem much better than that.


Dark Chocolate Blueberry Clusters
Ingredients
  • 1 cup plump blueberries
  • 3/4  cup almond slivers
  • 1¼ cup dark chocolate, chopped
Directions
  1. On a parchment lined baking sheet, clump together little piles of almond slivers (approximately 1 tablespoon of nut pieces per mound).
  2. Place a small handful of blueberries atop nuts (approximately 4-6 large blueberries).
  3. Bring water in a double boiler to a simmer, place dark chocolate in the top and melt until smooth.
  4. Pour a spoonful of chocolate over each blueberry and nut pile until the blueberries are fully covered.
  5. Immediately place in the freezer for five minutes.
  6. After chocolate is set take nut clusters out and enjoy, or place in parchment lined Tupperware to serve later.
I took a tangent from this recipe and used milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate (more parties involved in eating this particular batch prefer milk to dark).

Let's see. Since my last post I celebrated two Christmases (one early with the family, the second (surprise!) on the day of with Brandon's family), packed all of my worldly belongings (except for a few missing books...), drove across the country (29 hours of driving (11 in one day, 18 in the next), unpacked everything, and started my new job. It's been busy! But mostly good. And now I've got two new roommate moving in within the next week.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment