Thursday, November 29, 2012

Raspberry Tiramisu

It's been several days since I've had any desire to post. We've been busy still with family and I've filled my spare minutes with reading. Knife of Dreams, done! I've moved on to The Gathering Storm and I've just had the idea to listen to the books instead of reading them so as to have the use of my hands for other tasks while listening. We'll see how that goes.

I thought I might update you on the recipe I made for Thanksgiving. I hummed and hawed over  a few different dessert recipes, but ultimately decided on Raspberry Tiramisu because it didn't need to be baked, and as the oven is frequently occupied for long hours on Thanksgiving by a large turkey (not to mention a plethora of other dishes), this seemed like a very good reason to avoid the oven. Thus, Raspberry Tiramisu.




Here's the recipe:
1 8 ounce package mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
40 or so store bought lady fingers
1 8 ounce jar seedless raspberry jam
juice of 2 lemons
raspberries, a lot, as many as you can get

1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together mascarpone and sugar. Add a bit of cream and mix until combined. Add a little more cream and mix again until the mixture is well incorporated and very liquid. Pour in the rest of the cream and the vanilla. Change to the whisk attachment and beat on high until stiff peaks form.

2. Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch glass baking dish with half of the lady fingers, or however many will fit. Heat the jam and transfer to a small bowl and stir in lemon juice. Spread half of the jam mixture evenly over the lady fingers. Evenly spread half of the mascarpone and cream mixture over that, and top with half of the raspberries. Repeat the first layer with the rest of the ingredients. Refrigerate over night, or as long as you can before you can’t wait anymore.


We ate the Tiramisu fairly soon after making it and I don't think that the ladyfingers had enough time to soak in the lemon juice - jam concoction. But it was still delicious and all of it disappeared!


For the 25th I'm thankful for nice weather. It was perfectly lovely and we were able to take some family photos.

For the 26th I'm thankful for science. We visited the Space Center here in Huntsville and it was pretty fantastic.

For the 27th I'm thankful for family (a possible repeat there). We finally said goodbye to my sister and her family so they could drive home and not miss any more school.

For the 28th I'm thankful for my phone, which allows me to communicate with people all over the place.

And for today, I'm thankful for audio books, as I intend to go about using them very soon and they have always been something I've enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment