Thursday, November 8, 2012

Books, books, books!

Missed a day!

For yesterday I am thankful for patience and understanding, two things which I most appreciate when they come from Brandon. I'm sure I've said this before and will say it again, but I am very lucky to have him.

For today I am thankful for books. I love to read and a good portion of my excess belongings are boxes of books that I read growing up. They are in all kinds of conditions, having been bought at various stages of their lives and read many times over, but I can't bring myself to get rid of the bulk of them. I suspect that this process will continue for most of my life. I don't mind lending them out or leaving them in boxes for years, but when it comes right down to it, I want to be able to read them again, and if, in the hypothetical future, I ever have children and they are even remotely interested in reading, I want my books to be available to them.

In the meantime I've been rather terrible at fully appreciating books, having read perhaps the fewest this year ever. I think I must be at a stage where I need just a little more structure in my life to feel obliged and able to spend the time I'd like to reading. In other words, it is difficult to ward off the slightly guilty feeling, the feeling that I could be slightly more productive and apply to a few more jobs, during the time that I read. Soon. Soon that won't be a problem.

In the meantime, today I'm going to spend some time finally picking back up in the Wheel of Time series. I read through Winter's Heart many many years ago and reread many of them again since then, but I'd really like to work through the rest of the series to be ready when the final book comes out. And it's coming soon! January!

Also, let me just say that I am so glad the elections are over! Drama on facebook officially reduced. :)

Yum!


And we went out for Thai tonight at Sawadee and had the most delicious Thai custard and sticky rice as out appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment