Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Restless Sleepers

Thor still essentially lives in Morgan and my room. He lounges on the bed all day, except when things get a little noisy, at which point he typically finds a slightly more reclusive location to reside, such as under the wardrobe in our room or under the bed. When he's not in here he's meowing for something in the hall or kitchen. Food. Water. Please, may I go outside? Those kinds of things.

This is all well and good except that since he likes to have access to our room, we've pretty much adopted to constant state of having our door open slightly. This would not be so bad if it weren't for the fact that most of the members of my family get up earlier than I at the moment and the open door limits my sleep to the time of the earliest waker. Which is perhaps just evidence that I need to retire earlier each night.

Anyway, the inspiration for this particular post was that he, dear Thor, is currently sleeping behind me. And as he sleeps his paws rest gently against my back. Not a problem generally, except that he appears to be having wild vivid dreams where he ferociously attacks some creature and rips it to pieces. Which comes out as little pokes against my back. Not my favorite thing ever. It's more fun to hold his paw and feel the constant twitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment