Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Red Velvet Cheese Ball

For the Halloween party that my cousin threw this past weekend I made the Chai Pumpkin Spice Thumbprints from a few weeks ago again, and the Red Velvet Cheese Ball that I've made a few times.

I got a picture of the Red Velvet this time. :) Not the most pristine shot, but you get the idea.


I've been thinking about people who say that Christmas music can be played all year round. I'm not one of the people who thinks that is a good idea. Don't get me wrong - I love Christmas music and everything Christmas related, but it has such a strong presence in popular culture that I don't mind that it be concentrated around one time of the year. Some of the ideas that are connected to it - giving, sharing, being thankful, those ideas can continue all year round.

Anyhow, I was thinking that rather than people cheering for Christmas all year round, they should be cheering for pumpkin-everything all year round. Why isn't that a thing? I mean, you've got an absurdly delicious flavor that can stretch all across the savory and sweet spectrum, and we're only eating/celebrating it for one to two months a year? Something really needs to be done about this.

1 comment: