And why was I so full on green beans and bread? Because these were the green beans we had:
The recipe comes from here originally (at least as far back as we go), but here it is:
Oriental Green Beans
Fresh green beans with a taste of soy sauce and garlic.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans, fresh, trimmed
- 6 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 serving 1 packet sugar substitute (splenda) (we used a little bit of regular sugar instead)
- In a large pot of rapidly boiling water, cook green beans until just tender, 4-5 minutes.
- While beans are cooking, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce, oil and sugar substitute and set aside.
- Drain beans and set aside.
- Spray wok or 10" skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until softened, 20-30 seconds. Add green beans; cook, stirring and turning constantly, until well coated, about 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture; continue to stir and turn until most of the liquid is absorbed, 1-2 minutes.
And as a side note having nothing to do with green beans, Thor has been slowly exploring the outdoors without a leash! The other morning we left the front door slightly agar and he came and went (not very far) several times. :)