Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20th - Brugge!

We took a day trip today to Brugge. Definitely a good idea. I still need to edit my photos from today, but as soon as I do, I'll get one up here.

We walked around Brussels yesterday and Brussels is nice, but Brugge was nicer (no offense Brussels!). Brussels is a more...typical city. Brugge is incredible picturesque. Everywhere you look, it's just gorgeous. Canals, architecture, everything - just beautiful!

We rented bikes at the train station and rode them into the city center and then walked around by foot for most of the day. Frites. Ice cream. Waffles. Chocolate. :) Yum!

Belgium seems to be close to having figured out the 24/7 self-service stamp machines (brilliant idea!) but they're not quite there. I visited more than three or four stores/post offices before I found one that was both open and sold stamps to the States, but victory was had!


We're taking our last train ride tomorrow morning to Paris! Hard to believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment