Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Beethoven and Prokofiev

About a year ago I saw "The Fall" (a beautiful movie - by the way) and was enchanted with the music included with the trailer - Beethoven: Symphony No. 7 in A Major Op 92. Allegretto. I periodically become obsessed with classical pieces because of the beautiful energy they have. This is one of those times.

Here's the trailer to The Fall.



(Offical Trailer - The Fall)

And here's most of the actual musical piece.



(Beethoven - Symphony No. 7 in A major Op.92 - II Allegretto)

The other piece I've been obsessed with now and again, and I don't thiiiink I've shared on here, is Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet. This next video is of the ballet, but I really love the piece for the music, not the ballet performance. I'm not sure what it is that I love so much about this piece...but I do.

 

(Romeo & Juliet - Prokofiev)

No comments:

Post a Comment