Sunday, May 20, 2012

Effusive Much?

I'm feeling rather...effusive...today. In one direction specifically. My main (my only) man headed off to the other side of the country yesterday and I head in the opposite direction out of the country in just a few weeks. There will be a very great distance between us for the stretch of this summer. And yet my heart remains untroubled. Physical distances can be closed in remarkably rapid ways in this day and age. I plan to take advantage of that fact before too long in the next several months.


In the meantime I remain entirely thankful for the many modes of instant and long distance communication that I have access to. Facebook. Email. Skype. Texts. Phone calls. Letters. Packages. Everything about these methods will make my life over the next several months entirely easier than it might otherwise be. And for that, I am very grateful. Much thanks to the inventors of such communication, even if I deem it appropriate to use each and every method on a regular basis. Text messages are wonderful, but a real letter never hurts. If I appear at all more than usually effusive, know that these circumstances most likely account for any extra levels of such emotion. I'm happy. Not 100% content as things are in this moment, but entirely and utterly happy otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment