Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We Found Love

Sometimes it is difficult to admit that we love something that everyone else loves. It isn't so much a desire to be the one and only person who appreciates something, but rather some form of shame in loving something that is overly popularized.

Such is my relationship with some of the music I listen to. I listen to music because I love it, not because something is popular now or because no one has ever heard of it. I just love songs that I like the sound of. I don't care who's singing it, I'll like it for the music or I won't like it for the music.

I was in the car the other day listening to Rhianna's We Found Love. First of all, I'd heard that Rhianna was British, but I didn't know until today that she actually was. So I learned something new. That aside, I really like Rhianna. Sophomore year of college I was given a Rhianna CD by my roomies. It must have been fairly obvious for them to have known to get that for me without my asking. :) Anyway, I think I find myself surprised when, after I've heard one of her songs for a bit and really liked it, I discover that it is her. I just hadn't bothered to connect the dots. It's nice to consistently like something without even trying.



(Rihanna - We Found Love ft. Calvin Harris)

Day 14


-gaffe: embarrassing mistake
-helots: slaves
-iconoclast: one who rails against sacred institutions
-maelstrom: whirlpool
-nugatory: useless, worthless

No comments:

Post a Comment