Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions? Meh.

I suppose it is common practice to set New Year's Resolutions. I just don't feel like it right now. No motivation whatsoever. I've been sick-ish the last few days and between that and feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything, it is just a twinge hard to feel optimistic about setting resolutions. But it is kind of fun to look back a year and see how successful (or not, as things usually go) I've been at keeping the resolutions I've made.




I really only had two resolutions for 2011. To solidify plans for grad school (to maybe apply) and to run more. I kind of did the first (kind of) and really didn't do the second.

So, 2012? Hmmm....

Well, for the next few months I'd really like to,

-Take the GRE (Coming up this week! Am I ready? No.)
-Take three more of my pre-reqs via some of the local colleges (Signed up and mostly ready to go? Check.)
-Sort out how I'd like to take my last three pre-reqs.
-Get another part time job. (Substitute teaching maybe?)
-Do shadowing hours with PTs.

I think those are the most important couple of things that really need to happen. Somewhere along those lines I also need to carefully start actually applying to grad schools as I was waiting to finish some of the pre-reqs and finally have that excuse for procrastinating removed from my path.

But resolutions for the whole year?

Well, as usual, I'd like to run more. Big surprise, I know. I think I'd like to sign up, train for, and run a marathon this year. I've been meaning to do that for awhile and I'd really like to. Tried that for last year but it fell through. Maybe better luck this year? Where and when should I do it? Until plans are solidified, I've at least got my half in May to train for, as usual.

I'd like to travel to a country I've never been to. That could happen this month or it could happen over the course of this summer, but as I'll really have almost no excuse for not making that happen, I think that is a reasonable resolution to make.

Now let's see, from some of the most common resolutions people make, I'm not trying to,

-Lose weight. No, thank you. Gain muscle weight? Perhaps.
-Quit smoking. Not a problem.
-Quit drinking. Again, not a problem. 

So, there's that at least. ;) In past years I've avoided certain foods but, in general, I don't think I need to worry about it anymore. I think I've mostly (especially in the last few months) realized that if I want to feel good I have to eat food that will make me (my body, not just my mind) feel good. And only as much as my body needs. I've by no stretch of the imagination mastered this concept, but I've reached a happy medium.

So, there. That's something resembling goals and resolutions. I'm still not sure I feel highly motivated at the moment, but my mind does feel a bit clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment