Monday, January 3, 2011

Good News! Ireland here I come! Well...in awhile....

Guess what! Guess what!

I'm going to run a marathon!

That's right! I know! Me!

:D

I've been thinking about running a marathon (with Lauren, one of my awesome cousins) since I was in Ireland this last September, but I only just finally registered today to run one this next September.

And where will said marathon be?

In Ireland.

:)

Where in Ireland?

Along the cliffs of Moher.

Yeah, I don't think it gets much better than that.

Anyway, I've got a running schedule all figured out for the half-marathon in May and the marathon in September, so I'm feeling pretty pumped at the moment.

While I was registering I had to select what country I was from and the options made me laugh.

Here they are:

So tell me, which do you select if you're from....say, Canada? Or from....anywhere on the South American continent? Mexico?

I like how if you're not from Ireland or the UK, you're automatically labeled as being from the "Rest of Europe." Lol....






My answer was pretty simple, but some poor soul out there from Argentina who badly wants to run a marathon in Western Ireland is going to run into a bit of a predicament.

Anyway, now I just have to figure out flights, lodging, food, all of that. No worries.....no big deal...

...

There is a good possibility that I'll be taking classes this next September, and that the marathon will interfere with my classes a bit, but I figure that this is too good of an opportunity to pass up. I have a few small regrets about opportunities like this in the past that I didn't grab a hold of, and I don't want to make that mistake again. So here goes! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment