Thursday, November 11, 2010

Here, and there, and everywhere! Thoughts on a wonderful day. :)

Happy Veterans Day!

As many of you know, today is also my birthday, or rather, my 'Asian' birthday as my dear friend Kirsten can explain in picture format here. Another year has passed in a whirlwind, bringing in good things and spitting out bad things. And I have to admit, this has been a pretty dang good year for me. I've made more progress in the last twelve months as an individual and as a part of this world than I thought I possibly could. And it feels pretty good. I feel like I know where I'm going and I've been able to leave unnecessary baggage behind me ( I like to travel light ;) ) while picking up a new perspective and a new direction. Woohoo!

Rather than going into the details of all of those things, let me instead describe some of the highlights of today. Although much of the snow from a day or two ago has melted away, today was very wintery and bleak. But also beautiful in that sense. After breakfast we went for a brisk walk, layered up to stay warm.

Before I go on, I feel I should mention that this was my first experience in a community that celebrates my birthday (and Veterans Day) by taking the day off from school! How extraordinary and marvelous! No school means no work for me! Could it be possible? Yes, in fact it could.

We traveled to Omak today for lunch, visiting the Breadline Cafe (which I've mentioned in an earlier post) and I finally got to try their Tirimisu Crepe which ended up being just as delicious as I suspected it might be. I hadn't previously had much favorable exposure to coffee flavored ice cream, but what I had today was perfectly scrumptious!

We ran a few other errands but ended our travels once more at home, topping off the evening with a light supper of cheese, crackers, and apples, and a delicious chocolate cake.

It may not sound like it, but I've had more than my fair share of food and fun today. And it has been perfectly wonderful. Not to mention the beautiful flowers sent from my dear boy in Utah, or the cards and other miscellaneous objects hinted to arrive in the subsequent future (most people (including myself) forget that the United States Post Office takes a break on my birthday!).

To my many well-wishers, thank you. Thank you for your well wishes. And for your joy and energy. It has been most appreciated!

And now, I'm going to share a few favorite songs with the lot of you, a little bit of who I am on day that I claim a little piece of as being mine.

This song I also owe mostly to Kirsten. I'd heard it before, but she played it on multiple occasions when we were roomies, allowing my to recognize the song and the fact that I loved it. The music video is very...disturbing.



(MGMT - Kids)

This is just an awesome song period. The video can be found at here, but you can find the song below.



(Ain't Nothing Wrong With That (Video))

And the last one for now, is a song which I heard on a bus in the Bahamas. I had no idea what it was, but I liked it. So I scribbled down as many lyrics as I could catch and then looked it up later online.



(Dido - Everything To Lose)

And that's enough for now! Happy day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment