Thursday, October 14, 2010

A few thoughts on Seattle

I've sort of been in a bit of a writing slump lately. I've been off my regular energy levels the last few days. Not sick or anything, just not as peppy as I usually am. I'm probably not getting enough sleep...or exercise...or something. Anyway, it has resulted in a somewhat decreased desire to write. Which I am currently fighting.

Fight. Fight. Fight.

This last weekend was very good. Joey came up and we divided our time between driving (most of the driving that was mentioned in my last post took place during this last weekend), Twisp, and Seattle. Lots of driving, some time in Seattle, and a little time in the Methow.

This is a beautiful time of the year. Driving through the North Cascades was pretty breathtaking. It was raining in Seattle. Not a heavy rain, but just what you expect when you're there. Enough to get you wet but not enough to keep you inside. No umbrellas needed.

We ventured around the city a little, to the library and to the Space Needle. We got a delicious fresh crepe with strawberries and custard in it. Yum. :) We rode the monorail. We drove down to the airport (SeaTac is the most ridiculous name out there...I mean, come on, I know the location works, but couldn't they have come up with something a little more creative?) and picked up my mom and then finished up our exploration at the Pike Place Market. So many things to see! Flying fish and fresh flowers. Crafts and antiques. And delicious foods. We tried something at a little Turkish (I think..) place as well as following our noses to a Polish bakery where the line was quickly growing. When there are so many tasty things to try out there, why not try them? If you don't like it, how much risk was really involved? And if you do like it, how priceless was the experience of trying something new and discovering something wonderful?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next trip to Seattle, whenever that is.

Oh! And I almost forgot (which means I did forget but am now catching)! This is my 100th post! Woohoo! A lot of my posts have been pretty fluffy, about random words and such, but it doesn't matter! This makes 100!

No comments:

Post a Comment