Saturday, September 25, 2010

Travel: More than I expected

So, I was really planning on settling down for the summer and getting a job. Which I didn't do. I made progress in other ways, but I didn't settle down, and I didn't really get a job (I sort of got a job...but not really.). Instead, I traveled all over the United States and a little abroad.

Let's see if I can get it all out here.

I started by driving from Utah to Indiana (Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana).

And then....all over the midwest for awhile...(Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania).

California at one point.

Utah at one point.

Indiana again.

And then from there, I drove to Virgina (Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia).

And then flew from Virginia to...Detroit (Michigan)...and then on to...Washington (Seattle and then over the mountains to the Methow Valley).

Then back to Detroit, drove around Detroit, flew to New York, flew to the Bahamas.

From there to Atlanta, Georgia, to Louisville, Kentucky, and back to Indiana.

Then back to JFK in New York, on to Ireland, back to JFK, back to Cincinnati.

And then, I drove down to Alabama (Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama), took a quick trip back up to Tennessee.

And then I drove to Utah (Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Utah), and then on to Washington (Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington).

I don't think I'm forgetting anything.

Whew! Not bad for a summer, eh?

Unless I'm adding them up wrong, I think I visited 25 states this summer! And three countries...

What's more exciting than that, is that I got my 50th state this summer. Out of all of those states, Oklahoma was the most exciting for me in that way. I had visited 48 states before I was nine years old, and it took me almost 12 more years to get those last two. But I've finally done it! :)

I really was expecting a pretty sedate summer. Oh well.

I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment