Friday, June 25, 2010

The Extensive Works of Tamora Pierce

Tamora Pierce.

So much there. And so good. People have raved about books that have come out more recently, such as the Harry Potter books and Twilight books (though I’m not making any comparison between the two because they’re on entirely different literary shelves (Harry Potter is fantastic and Twilight is…well….whatever)) but I’ve got to admit that I probably reread Tamora Pierce’s books more often than I reread almost any other books and I always wonder why people don’t rave a little more about them. There are quite a few of them, but they’re distinguishable, as in, they don’t appear to go on and on forever like some other fantasy series out there. There are set stories and while later stories may refer to earlier characters, you feel like you’re reading about new people and new plots. You don’t know what is going to happen. So you actually want to read it and find out. Anyway, here they are, if you’re interested.

The Song of the Lioness
Alanna: The First Adventure
In the Hands of the Goddess
The Woman Who Rides Like a Man
Lioness Rampant


The Immortals
Wild Magic
Wolf Speaker
Emperor Mage
The Realm of the Gods


Protector of the Small
First Test
Page
Squire
Lady Knight


Daughter of the Lioness
Trickster’s Choice
Trickster’s Queen


The Legend of Beka Cooper
Terrier
Bloodhound
Mastiff (yet to come out)

Circle of Magic
Sandry’s Book
Tris’s Book
Daja’s Book
Briar’s Book


The Circle Opens
Magic Steps
Street Magic
Cold Fire
Shatterglass


Will of the Empress


Melting Stones


Tamora Pierce (obviously) has a good amount of text behind her. And I own just about ever book she’s written. One of the things which she does best is incorporating a variety of world cultures and world issues into her work. While I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve read by her, I particularly like some of her most recent work, such as the Trickster books and The Legend of Beka Cooper series. I look forward to anything else that she might write.



Note: I've had a load of trouble trying to publish this post, and I had to find all of the links twice. So, if you notice anything wrong with it, let me know. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment