Friday, June 11, 2010

Dammit, I'm mad! (I sound so angry! But I'm not...no worries.) :)

By the title alone it seems more likely that people would want to read this post, but I assure you, it is a very tame post.

Since the 3rd grade when I was first officially introduced to the idea of palindromes (my teacher had M&Ms for each and every new one we could think of...I was sort of annoyed with the kid who used M&M as his palindrome, but you can't fault him for quick thinking) I've always kept an eye out for them and just enjoyed the idea that the word or phrase was the same if you spelled it backwards or forwards. I thought "race car" was pretty fantastic when I first heard it. But the best was yet to come.

More recently there was a conversation that took place where it came up quite randomly that "dammit, I'm mad" was a palindrome. We all sat there for a second and considered this odd but fantastic new fact of life and then, after processing and checking to make sure it was in fact what it claimed to be, exclaimed in wonder how awesome it was.

So, dammit I'm mad! Just because I know that being so makes me a little cooler in a very small way....or at least a little nerdier...

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see the title of this post I laugh, partly because I enjoy the title, but also partly because the first thought that enters my brain every time I see it is "Able was I ere I saw Elba."

    ReplyDelete