Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Complete How To Speak Southern: A

Yes, I know. The title sounds slightly off. And maybe it is, depending on where you're from. But we're not going to worry about that right now. That's a discussion for another day. Right now we're just going to enjoy the differences in language and dialect.

Several weeks ago I was perusing a book store and came across The Complete How to Speak Southern by Steve Mitchell. The link to it will give you a pretty good idea of what the book is all about. However, for those of you who aren't interested in going to the link and flipping through its pages that way, I'm going to feed you little bits via this blog. Just know that every single bit of it is the genius and humor of Steve Mitchell and not myself.

Starting at the beginning of the alphabet, I'll give you one new definition a day until we get to the end of the alphabet, and then we'll see from there. I don't want to give it all away, but if you're really interested or enjoy the definitions you see, you should just go out and buy the book.

ACit: That's it. "Ah (I) don't wanna hear no more about it. ACit as far as Ah'm concerned."

No comments:

Post a Comment