Monday, April 26, 2010

Falling off the edge of the world...


Among the many other interesting things that have kept me completely occupied in the last month, I finally graduated this last Thursday/Friday from Brigham Young University with a BA in Linguistics and two minors (World Dance and TESOL). I also packed up my life's belongings (or at least those acquired over the last four years) and drove several thousand miles across the country to my home in Indiana. Not bad for a weekend.

It is all very exciting in a somewhat soul-shattering way. On the one hand it is fantastic that I'm finished with school and that I have an endless amount of possibilities in front of me, but on the other hand, they're endless! What I'm basically saying is that, while I'm thrilled to have graduated, I have little to no idea what I'm going to do now and that notion is a somewhat frightening feeling. It grips the soul with a kind of fear of the lack of direction.




But, I know I'm not the first one to experience this sensation, nor the last, and that I'm definitely not alone in my search for something to focus my life on.


It'll be fun. It always is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment